I moved to Manly with my family in 1997. From the wonderful walks of North Head to the bustle of Brookvale, the electorate of Manly is a great place, full of good people.
It is an honour and privilege for me to represent this area.
“The fabric of Manly is woven and held strong by volunteer groups, institutions and associations which selflessly serve our community and which have done so for decades.”
- James Griffin MP, Inaugural Speech, 3 May 2017
As the Member for Manly, I will speak up for the thousands of Manly residents and families who deserve continued improvements in public transport and roads, who deserve local schools that give our kids the best opportunities to learn, and who deserve safe neighbourhoods:
- I am here to support the local business owners, entrepreneurs just starting out, and the young couple looking for their first home.
- I am here to speak for the grandparents who want to ensure the quality of life they enjoyed is retained for their grandkids.
- I am here to speak up for the vulnerable and voiceless in our community.
Prior to entering Parliament I was a Director of KPMG Australia. I worked in the Risk Consulting Division, helping business leaders understand and manage contemporary risks like cyber security, technology, social and web risks. I also advised organisations on how they could better communicate in this increasingly digital world.
Prior to KPMG, I was a co-founder of a digital start up. Co-founding a start-up taught me the realities of small business and what it truly means to ‘have a go’. I am proud of all we achieved and I was recognised for my efforts as NSW’s Young Business Person of the Year in 2012. I studied for my Bachelor of Arts at the University of Notre Dame Sydney.
I’ve done a few other things too:
- Advisory Board Member, University of Sydney Innovation Hub
- Adjunct Lecturer, University of Notre Dame Sydney, School of Business
- Former Chairman, Little Manly Community Forum
- Former Councillor and Deputy Mayor, Manly Council
My primary goal is to ensure that every suburb in the electorate of Manly continues to get its fair share.
If the people of Manly need something, I will not stop fighting for them.