Former Manly Hospital Site
The NSW Government has tasked the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment to consider future uses for the site. The Department will work closely with NSW Health to ensure future uses will complement the development of the Adolescent & Young Adult Hospice, which will form a portion of the site.
To help deliver on this vision the NSW Government is asking for the community’s ideas, thoughts and opinions about what it would like this space to be and how this can be achieved.
Consultation will take place from 2 August to 2 September 2019. You can make a submission on the project's website.
Key themes arising from the Community Consultation will be incorporated into the Master Plan. The master planning process will begin in late 2019, with a master plan expected to be lodged with Northern Beaches Council and placed on public exhibition for comment in late 2020. There will be more opportunities to have your say as the project progresses.
Manly Hospital Site Vision:
"A vibrant health and wellbeing sanctuary which welcomes and supports the needs of the local and wider community, achieved through innovation and balance."
The following Guiding Principles have been developed by the Project Steering Advisory Committee (PSAC), members comprising representatives from the local community, Local Health District, Northern Beaches Council and the Member or Manly James Griffin, to investigate future opportunities for the site:
- The community will have continuing access to the Site for socialisation / recreational activities and use of public and private services.
- The rainforest area of the Site will be permanently reserved.
- The services developed on the Site will contribute to the health, wellbeing and care of the Community.
- The services provided from the Site will address a defined community need for which there are tangible and ongoing social benefits.
- A diverse range of services and partnerships will be pursued which leverage the greatest collective value for the community.
- The services and infrastructure proposals for the Site must demonstrate financial sustainability.
The below concept plan has been developed in the early stages of planning and could be considered to inform submissions during the consultation period:
You can make a submission on the project's website.
Consultation will take place from 2 August to 2 September 2019.
No. The entire site will remain in public ownership.