Inquiry into Sustainability of Energy Supply and Resources in NSW
That the Committee on Environment and Planning inquire into and report on the sustainability of energy supply and resources in NSW, including:
- The capacity and economic opportunities of renewable energy.
- Emerging trends in energy supply and exports, including investment and other financial arrangements. The status of and forecasts for energy and resource markets.
- Effects on regional communities, water security, the environment and public health.
- Opportunities to support sustainable economic development in regional and other communities likely to be affected by changing energy and resource markets, including the role of government policies.
- Any other related matters.
Make a submission on the Committee's webpage.
Submissions close 15 September 2019.
The Committee on Environment and Planning is a current standing committee of the Legislative Assembly, established 18 June 2019.
The Committee has the following portfolio responsibilities: Environment and Energy; Local Government; Planning and Public Spaces.
The Committee can scrutinise laws and look at the financial performance and annual reports of government departments.
- Alex Greenwich MP - Chair
- Felicity Wilson MP - Deputy Chair
- James Griffin MP - Parliamentary Secretary for the Environment
- Anoulack Chanthivong MP
- Nathanial Smith MP
Further information can be found on the Inquiry's webpage.