NEW AND IMPROVED SCHOOL FACILITIES IN MANLY
Communities across Manly are set to benefit from new and improved school facilities thanks to the NSW Government’s $120 million Metro Renewal Program.
Member for Manly James Griffin said the Metro Renewal Program is driven by what school communities want, and includes work such as upgrades to school halls, science labs and staff facilities.
“I am so pleased to see seven projects in Manly benefiting our students across the electorate,” Mr Griffin said.
“The NSW Liberals and Nationals Government are ensuring that students no matter where they live in the state have access to modern learning facilities.”
Minister for Education and Early Learning Sarah Mitchell said it is so important to prioritise the delivery of modern facilities to all schools across the state.
“Schools across NSW are receiving upgrades to school halls, canteens and more,” Ms Mitchell said.
“The NSW Government funding will provide a boost, not only to local school infrastructure projects and local economy by supporting local tradies, but also help make sure these school continue to be a proud part of their communities.”
List of schools receiving Metro Renewal Program:
- Harbord Public School – Administration Upgrade – Completed
- Manly West Public School – Toilet Upgrade – Completed
- Manly Village Public School – Staff Facility Upgrade – Completed
- NBSC Manly Campus – Learning Space Upgrade – Completed
- NBSC Manly Campus – Construction of a new hall facility – Construction
- NBSC Mackellar Girls – Lab Upgrade – Construction
- NBSC Balgowlah Boys – Upgrade of hall and entry – In Planning
The projects are identified by school communities, and co-funded by the school and the NSW Government.
The NSW Government is investing $8.6 billion in school infrastructure over the next four years, continuing its program to deliver 160 new and upgraded schools to support communities across NSW. This builds on the more than $9.1 billion invested in projects delivered since 2017, a program of $17.7 billion in public education infrastructure.