North Head Scenic Plan Open For Inspection
Proposed upgrades to North Head National Park are now available to be viewed and commented on through the National Parks and Wildlife Services (NPWS) website.
The aim of this project is to enhance visitor access and safety to the North Head Scenic Area.
Key design features include:
- Reconfiguring the car parks to provide more accessible parking spaces and overflow parking.
- Extended landscaped space for visitors to enjoy views across the harbour.
- Installation of pedestrian crossings and a pedestrian path to improve safety, access and circulation.
- Installation of a new bus stop to the east of the Bella Vista Café.
- Improvements to the entry of the Fairfax Walking Track (currently closed).
New interpretation and signage will also form part of this project.
The concept plans for the North Head Scenic Area are available for download from the project webpage.
NPWS welcomes your feedback on these concepts prior to the finalisation of plans.
If you have any questions or comments on the concept plans, you can complete the online form on the project webpage or email the project team:
[email protected] by Monday, 17th May 2021.