Manly Rejoices as Restrictions Ease
Member for Manly James Griffin and local businesses today rejoiced as the NSW Government announced a further winding down of restrictions allowing venues to host more people and bring in more business.
From Friday most venues will be able to return to the “1 person per 2sqm” rule with the exception of Gyms. Weddings and funerals will still be capped at 300 people.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said this is about striking the balance between keeping the economy going and boosting jobs whilst ensuring COVID-19 is kept under control.
Mr Griffin echoed the Premier’s comments saying that while we must always remain vigilant of the risk posed by the virus, we must be able to keep our economy running and allow people to enjoy their lives safely.
“After 24 straight days of no community transmission in the entire state, a testament to the NSW Government’s management of the outbreak, it is great venues can bring more business through the doors,” Mr Griffin said.
“We had a hard run over summer in the Northern Beaches but we are now seeing the returns from our work as we move to a COVID normal and allow more people to visit their favourite bars and cafes again sooner than hoped.”
The announcement made today by the Premier and Minister for Health follows the Northern Beaches Business Support Package that was announced earlier in the month after close consultation and advocacy from Mr Griffin.
Mr Griffin praised the NSW Government’s support to the local economy through grants and a targeted promotion of the Northern Beaches to attract more business.
“This is a crucial time for Manly businesses as the recoup the lost income over summer and the combined effort of reduced restrictions and a concerted effort to build the local economy will drive our recovery.” Mr Griffin Said.
Information about health restrictions and the how to stay COVID safe is available through the NSW Government website: https://www.nsw.gov.au/