STATE OF THE ART MULTIPURPOSE HALL FOR MANLY STUDENTS
A new state of the art multipurpose hall for the Northern Beaches Secondary College at Manly has been officially opened.
Member for Manly, James Griffin said the modern new facilities were initiated and financed by the previous Coalition Government to better serve the local community.
Mr Griffin said, “This is a fantastic new hall designed to especially meet the needs of students, teachers and staff as well as parents attending school functions and other visitors to the school.
“The new hall, with its gym facilities provides for fitness programs as well as various sports, and a modern venue for large gatherings and special events.
“The new facilities also include a covered outdoor learning area, or COLA, that can be used for outdoor learning or for students to gather during breaks from class.
Mr Griffin said, “Landscaping and a new walkway to improve access for students and staff compliment the school upgrade.”
The official opening was performed by the Parliamentary Secretary for Education and Early Learning, Greg Warren MP, along with the Member for Manly, James Griffin MP, School Principal, Kathy O’Sullivan and school leaders.
Mr Griffin said the former Coalition Government provided 80% of the cost while the school through fundraising, contributed the remaining 20%.
“The school community is to be complimented for its outstanding commitment to the project and seeing it through to its conclusion.
“This is a tremendous outcome for the school community and the community at large.
“The delivery of these important projects makes a valuable contribution to the future learning needs of our students and supports growth in the local economy.
“I congratulate all those involved with delivering this fantastic addition to the Northern Beaches Secondary College at Manly,” Mr Griffin said.