What are the guiding principles for the site?
The following Guiding Principles have been developed by the Project Steering Advisory Committee (PSAC), members comprising representatives from the local community, Local Health District, Northern Beaches Council and the Member or Manly James Griffin, to investigate future opportunities for the site:
- The community will have continuing access to the Site for socialisation / recreational activities and use of public and private services.
- The rainforest area of the Site will be permanently reserved.
- The services developed on the Site will contribute to the health, wellbeing and care of the Community.
- The services provided from the Site will address a defined community need for which there are tangible and ongoing social benefits.
- A diverse range of services and partnerships will be pursued which leverage the greatest collective value for the community.
- The services and infrastructure proposals for the Site must demonstrate financial sustainability.